Attacking Waste and Complexity to Achieve Improvement in the Supply Chain
The key to achieving these goals and more is a highly developed expertise in operational excellence. We believe that we offer the most efficient and intelligent route to market through our world-class logistics platform. That only comes from a unique blend of deep experience, vast size and scope, and extraordinary responsiveness. Because we practice the art of listening and truly understanding our customers' needs, we are confident our solutions bring superior results. No one delivers like Owens & Minor.
- 98% customer satisfaction rates, 96% average monthly stocking service levels and average picking errors of just 0.12% per 1,000 lines
- The industry's broadest selection of products—approximately 200,000 finished medical-surgical products, from 1,100 suppliers
- 60+ distribution centers located strategically across the U.S. and 11 European countries
- A private fleet of 362 power equipment units in the U.S.
- Services backed by lean practices and a robust quality and compliance effort; we have a lean-dedicated team on the ground in all of our regions in the U.S.
Achieve Improved Accuracy, Efficiency, and Reliability from our Portfolio of Services
We'll Help Providers Choose the Right Unit of Measure Distribution Services
For providers with an internal receiving staff and adequate receiving and storage space, bulk distribution can offer the lowest pricing. Low Unit of Measure (LUM) distribution can help reduce total supply chain costs and free clinicians for patient care by having orders picked and packed for a department PAR level.
- The right product, at the right time, at the right place, and at the right price
- Bulk deliveries benefit providers with ability to store and deliver to the point of care
- Use of LUM enables providers to reduce bulk inventory by 30-60%
- Both distribution methods are supported by state-of-the-art quality and compliance capabilities
Our Transportation Network Goes the Extra Mile for You
Our manufacturer and provider customers put so much faith in Owens & Minor that many of them are choosing to outsource transportation to us. We can take care of leasing and maintaining trucks, compliance with Department of Transportation (DOT) regulations, hiring and training professional drivers, and much more.
- Our private fleet, comprised of 362 units of power equipment in the U.S., supports hospital deliveries with final mile tracking technology
- In addition to our private fleet, we leverage strong relationships with leading transportation companies to maximize our customers' savings and provide superior quality
- As an EPA SmartWay? Partner and EPA SmartWay? Excellence Award winner, we're committed to sustainable business practices that help protect the environment
We Unite Purpose and Products with Our Supplier Diversity Initiatives
We manage a robust supplier diversity effort because it's the right thing to do, and it provides real business benefits for us and our customers. Fresh perspectives lead to innovative solutions, and that's exactly what today's healthcare challenges demand.
- We actively cultivate relationships with qualified small-, minority-, woman-, and veteran-owned businesses
- One-third of our MediChoice? brand sales are sourced from small-, minority-, woman-, or veteran-owned businesses
- The diversity of our suppliers gives our customers a wider range of products and helps them stay compliant with diversity requirements
Owens & Minor has been a great partner with Century Hosiery since 2003. Their long history of supplier diversity in challenging us and helping us, pushing us, has benefitted Century Hosiery in our continued growth.Kathy Martin
CEO of Century Hosiery, Inc.
According to an article in the May 2016 Journal of Neurosurgery, open and unused disposable medical supplies accounted for nearly $3 million annually in waste in just one department of one health system.
This is a problem that SurgiTrackSM can help to eliminate.