Waste and Complexity are Barriers to Quality Care. O&M Helps Overcome These Obstacles.
Inefficient inventory management erodes profits, devours staff hours, and diverts clinicians' attention from patient care. Owens & Minor's holistic approach to managing PAR areas and perpetual inventory locations results in demand-based product supply levels. As a result, clinicians have more time to focus on patient care and quality outcomes.
- Enjoy significant gains in efficiency and productivity
- Leverage powerful data and analytics to improve utilization
- Unlock sustained value by optimizing inventory processes
"We leverage our broad spectrum of distribution centers, our transportation network, and data and analytics, so we can help manufacturers and providers be more efficient from an inventory demand planning perspective. We can help manufacturers specifically pinpoint opportunities with their sales force supporting their customers as well as increasing their overall inventory turns."
Geoff Marlatt, SVP, Manufacturer Services
"As the result of the new system, we were able to immediately decrease our inventory by 25%."
A long-time Owens & Minor customer
Three Proven Ways to Dramatically Streamline Inventory Management
Manage Resources More Effectively with Less Staff Time
Owens & Minor works with hospital leadership to develop a master plan for improving processes and productivity. With PANDACSM, our exclusive O.R. inventory management system, we can even put an expert on site to manage wound closure and other high-value supplies. Using patented O&M technology, on-site experts can routinely monitor purchases and usage, adjust PAR levels, and deliver continuous reporting.
- Give clinical staff more time to spend on patient care, and less time managing O.R. wound closure supplies
- Gain significant savings on inventory costs in the first year alone
- Reap benefits including multi-year savings, experienced on-site analysts, expedited product shipping and returns, and powerful analytics
Maximize Your Supply Chain's Transparency with QSightSM
Our QSightSM suite of services is specifically designed for clinical needs. It integrates with the electronic health records to provide full visibility into the supply chain. QSightSM is like a second set of eyes when it comes to right-sizing inventory, reducing waste, even taking care of year-end inventory counting.
- QSightSM Perpetual Management harnesses over 400,000 SKUs to simplify ordering, improve charge capture, and optimize supply usage
- QSightSM RFID-enabled enclosures automatically track and monitor expensive perpetual inventory in real-time, 24/7
- QSightSM Kanban, constitutes our industry-leading visual replenishment system to correctly stock supplies
Automate the Most Expensive Purchases with Implant Purchase ManagementSM (IPM)
Medical implants are costly, and these transactions take time. Owens & Minor's IPMSM constitutes a fully automated, web-based app that simplifies everything, including complex discounts, pricing tiers, even capitation agreements. This approach delivers immediate, impactful ROI.
- Streamline the entire implant purchasing process
- Gain hard dollar savings ROI of approximately 2.5 to 4X, net of all IPM costs
- Experience additional indirect process improvement savings of up to 2X
In an effort to plan for sporadic demand, hospitals typically overstock medical supplies leading to high costs and potential expiry. Efficient management of the hospital supply chain, such as that with our Inventory Solutions, can reduce expenses through managed inventory.
Lower inventories, reduced labor demand, and available information are all crucial to effectively managing wound closure inventory. PANDAC(SM) has maximized efficiencies for Yale-New Haven Hospital with on-site resources and in-depth reporting.
Through using QSight(SM) Kanban, hospital systems typically see a 25% reduction in storage; 99.9% overall fill rates; Eliminated STAT/rush orders; and, they may achieve a 5% to 7% reduction in medical supply expenses.